Improving Obesity Care with Remote Patient Monitoring
Obesity and being overweight trends with race, gender, age, education and income levels. Both are also leading risk factors for many chronic conditions.
The challenge of treating overweight and obese individuals is complex and is unique to each person. However, research shows that different treatment modalities – when used in concert with individual evaluation, surveillance, and interaction frequency – can have a sustained, positive effect on weight loss and overall health.
Zyter’s remote patient monitoring product provides physicians with an effective, efficient way to increase the frequency and quality of patient interactions, both essential to achieving positive results and sustaining them.
Proven Approaches to Treatment
Identification and High Touch
Knowing who in a population has or is at risk for obesity helps determine what combination of treatment modalities can be pursued. Evidence-based guidelines recommending lifestyle modifications with high-intensity, in-person professional intervention for a term greater than six months produces the best results.
Self-efficacy in the journey of weight loss and improved health increases with both human and system engagement, leading to health empowerment and increased acceptance. App notifications, challenges, congratulations, and motivation in a care program can make patients more active and engaged in their condition.
For individuals who have been prescribed lifestyle modification as a part of their treatment, knowing what choices they have and where they can find them is critical. An important part of remote patient monitoring programs is directing patients to resources and tracking their engagement. Monitoring a multi-faceted wellness or treatment plan with activity and medication ensures broader and deeper understanding of the best path to health improvement and sustainment.
How Zyter Helps
Understand, Take Action, & Modify
- Identification: Knowing a population’s complexity, resources and services, and care availability
- Engagement: Treatment modalities, self- management, sustainment strategy and mitigation
- Surveillance: Weight, diet, exercise monitoring, assessments and responses, and medication management
- Program: Education and activity tracking for starting, building, and sustaining cardio exercise, diet, and health behavior
- Medication: Surveillance and associative risk insights
Complexity & Personalization
- Education: Lifestyle changes for the individual, support for initiating and sustaining
- Care Management: Supports and facilitates multi-factor care plans for age, biometrics, activity, and medication adherence; interaction and action programs; staff intensity volume allocation
- Comorbidity: Treatment alignment with multiple chronic conditions, medication, and access to care
- Mental Health: Engaging social work, behavioral health; frequent assessment for anxiety and depression, and social support tools
Overcoming Access to Care Challenges
The ability to provide access to obesity care can depend on multiple facets of financial, operational, and value-based influencers. A patient’s ability to access care, sustain it, and improve their quality of living is a direct outcome of those influencers.
- Virtual technology and services across the healthcare spectrum
- EHR integration and actionable data for the provider and care team
- Reducing the number of tools and “clicks” so staff can spend more time treating patients
- Linking value with risk mitigation, health outcomes, and decreased expense (such as reducing avoidable ED visits and readmissions)
- Supporting behavioral change in patients through educational materials and easier access to care as well as providing virtual support, alerts and reminders to physicians
Ultimately, patients desire to be connected to their caregivers and providers, instilling an assurance their health is a priority.”
Patient Access to Care. Improved by Zyter.
Zyter Telehealth creates access to care with secure video for patients, providers, care teams, caregivers, and support services. Along with remote patient monitoring (RPM), Zyter Telehealth provides real-time imaging, biometrics, and virtual evaluation.
Personalized Care. Delivered by Zyter.
Timely alerts, clinical notes and references, urgent care and scheduled video visit flexibility within the provider and care team workflows boosts efficiencies so care teams can spend more time with patients.
Zyter provides support in understanding virtual/telehealth reimbursement and technology to help providers maximize their financial investment through engagement metrics and analysis.
Your Clinical Partner
Zyter is your clinical partner for improving and protecting health. We understand the healthcare delivery needs of doctors, nurses, and care teams, and can help your organization deploy value-based services to improve outcomes and lower cost.
Schedule a discovery call to learn how our platform, products and industry-specific solutions could help your business.