Secure, Dynamic Virtual Care for Healthcare Organizations
Telehealth virtual visits became the new normal and a safe way to see a doctor from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, even as the threat of COVID-19 subsides, patients’ increased acceptance and satisfaction with telehealth are driving the need for more interactive, dynamic telehealth solutions – taking virtual care further to include virtual emergency room consultations, remote monitoring of chronic conditions, and post-surgery recovery in the “hospital at home”.
Zyter’s next generation telehealth solutions make all of this possible today. And more.
patient alike, Zyter’s telehealth solutions enable secure virtual engagement as a way for healthcare organizations to maintain care quality while improving delivery efficiency through:
- Virtual physician visits and ER consultations
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) for post-acute care and chronic condition monitoring at home
- Care team/patient collaboration through secure mobile communication integrated with hospital electronic health record (EHR) systems
Extend Quality Virtual Care to Home from the Clinic, ER, and Hospital
The ZyterHealth™ digital platform drives the future of virtual care by supporting telehealth services which integrate with EHR systems, augment existing care platforms, or work independently, to deliver the right care, at the right time, at the right place.
Virtual Visits at Home
Engage with patients in their homes through secure, real-time video chat that ensures patient privacy, safety, and quality of care. Just like an in-person patient encounter, doctors and patients can collaborate by sharing notes, links, and files while the virtual visit is in progress. Patients save time and reduce the need to travel to frequent appointments, while post-surgical patients are assured of quality care when recovering at home. Zyter’s telehealth capability for virtual visits is accessible from any web browser and does not require either patient or provider to download an app. Each party can use the device of their choice, including smartphones, tablets, laptops or personal desktops.
Virtual ER Consultation with Smart Exams and Triage
Now it’s possible to evaluate a patient’s health issue before they come to the ER. Patients can use Zyter Telehealth secure chat to submit requests for virtual ER consultations and provide their symptoms for a smart exam with hospital ER staff if all parties are using the ZyterHealth platform. A scheduling nurse determines if the patient should have a virtual visit with an ER hospitalist or a specialist. Taking the virtual visit beyond typical video chat, the ER physician can access the patient’s EHR during the call, and may initiate a secure collaborative chat with the patient’s primary care doctor to determine whether or not an ER visit is necessary if all parties are using ZyterHealth. As such, hospital ER departments can deliver high quality virtual care by ensuring that the right provider or specialist is scheduled for the telehealth consultation.
Digital Home Care and Hospital at Home
Zyter Telehealth services on the ZyterHealth platform support all modalities of virtual care for patients recovering from surgeries at home. Extending the quality of care from hospital to home, Zyter’s telehealth solutions integrate with many of the monitoring devices and equipment that would be used in a typical hospital room. Plus staff can securely communicate with remote patients through virtual telehealth visits on digital tablets used by visiting nurses, caregivers, or family members.
Zyter Telehealth also makes it possible to monitor vital signs with Zyter’s LTE-enabled RPM devices that take the patient’s physiological readings at prescribed times and automatically send them to the Zyter dashboard. Zyter’s devices also alert if the patient’s readings fall outside normal or other customized ranges, so physicians can take immediate action in the form of a secure telehealth call to ensure the well-being of the patient.
How Zyter Telehealth™ Works
With a robust foundation on the secure ZyterHealth platform, here are the ways Zyter’s dynamic telehealth solutions are delivering innovations in virtual healthcare – in the patient’s home, in the hospital, and even in emergency field hospitals.
- EHR Integration and Secure Collaboration Platform – Zyter enables care teams to communicate via video, chat, voice and text to instantly access the right clinicians and the most up-to-date patient data. Zyter’s context-aware capability lets clinicians securely access and share a patient’s health history, medication list, test results and more from the hospital’s EHR system with other clinical staff on the Zyter system during a secure chat or video call. As a result, providers can enhance patient safety while streamlining efficiency for the clinical staff.
- Remote Patient Monitoring – Zyter Remote Patient Monitoring™ combines the near real-time wireless connectivity of RPM with telehealth services on the secure ZyterHealth platform to help physicians monitor the well-being and safety of post-surgical patients recovering at home. Zyter RPM is also an efficient solution for monitoring patients who can manage their own chronic conditions at home. This complete remote care management approach offers continuous monitoring coupled with customizable alerts, EHR integration, and secure collaborative communication between patients and physicians through an integrated patient-facing application.
- Virtual Rounding – Zyter’s Virtual Rounding dynamic telehealth solution features multi-party video chat that makes it possible for nurses, residents, medical students, and even the patient’s family members to remotely and safely participate in virtual visits in COVID-19 wards and all other hospital units. Zyter’s solution integrates with the hospital’s EHR system to provide real-time access to the patient’s health record within the solution’s context-aware video chat. As a result, physicians and nurses have the information they need to provide prompt, more informed care during rounds. Zyter Telehealth runs on the ZyterHealth digital platform which is HIPAA, FedRAMP and FISMA compliant with Authority to Operate (ATO) at U.S. Department of Defense.
Zyter Virtual Health Solution for Emergency Critical Care
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Zyter deployed a telemedicine solution for a global organization. The solution went live on October 1, 2020, and enabled physicians, nurses and care teams to collaborate with their peers, conduct virtual patient visits, and remotely monitor the condition of COVID-19 patients from 6,000 miles away. This is just one example of how Zyter’s virtual health solution is transforming emergency critical care today.
Benefits to Healthcare Organizations
- Save time and improve efficiency because the right provider or specialist for the patient’s problem is scheduled
- Ensure quality of care with real-time access to the patient’s EHR within the dynamic telehealth solution during the virtual visit
- Enable providers to see more patients and grow their practices
- Free up ER staff and resources to focus on care for patients physically present
- Reduce ER admissions costs and overhead
Benefits to Patients
- Peace of mind and confidence that the patient is seeing a provider with the knowledge and experience to diagnose the problem
- Ensure prompt diagnosis and care with the right physician who can consult the patient’s EHR and health history during the virtual visit
- Enable a virtual consultation with an ER physician without having to be physically admitted to the emergency room
- Save medical expenses due to reduced fees for virtual ER consultations
- Enhance patient safety and eliminate the need for Medicare-age patients with limited mobility or chronic conditions – or anyone with non-life-threatening conditions – to physically go to the doctor’s office or ER during a health crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic
Schedule a discovery call to learn how our platform, products and industry-specific solutions could help your business.