With over 200 million cases and almost 5 million deaths globally, COVID-19 is the worst pandemic in 100 years. With certain biometric, vital-sign devices now allowed by the FDA, remote patient monitoring (RPM) tools can be used for COVID-19 disease monitoring and patient-provider communications.
- Devices including a blood pressure cuff, thermometer, and peak flow meter or spirometer
- Biometric data is securely transmitted to a provider dashboard for review
- Automatic alerts and notifications inform provider and patient if results drift outside of preset or personalized thresholds
Congestive Heart Failure
Heart failure affects 46% of the US population and will cost health systems ~ $70 billion by 2030. Zyter provides clinical, optimized care technology and advisory services for evidence-based home surveillance intervention, care planning, and education.
- RPM surveillance with a blood pressure cuff and weight scale, and proactive intervention to reduce ED visits, admissions, and transfers
- Personalized care plans help you know, respond to, and treat the patient as a unique individual
- Assessments, motivational engagement, and content to help patients understand more about healthy behaviors
More than 35 million people in the US have diabetes, with 1.5 million new cases each year, costing over $327 billion in medical expenses and reduced productivity. Zyter helps providers and their patients in their unique journey with easy-to-use biometric devices, EHR integration and personalized care plans, as well as patient activity and nutritional support.
- Glucose, blood pressure, and weight scale (LTE, wireless) devices create valuable treatment insights, with data written to the EHR
- Patient-specific thresholds and notifications tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it
- Assessments, education, and virtual support create and sustain healthy behavior
Nearly half of adults in the US have hypertension, and only 1 in 4 have it under control. However, rates are different based on gender, age, race, and geography. Zyter products recognize the stratified patient population, and support personalized intervention to prioritize resource allocation, maximize a controlled population, and improve utilization.
- With clinical pathway and process integration for HTN, RPM operates in your workflow with actionable outcomes
- Remote surveillance of blood pressure creates better insights and flexibility for resources allocated to larger patient cohorts
- Assessments, education, and virtual support enable lifestyle changes with medication coordination
Nearly 4 million babies are born every year in the United States. The adoption of evidence-based policies, including telehealth and remote patient monitoring, can augment and improve maternal healthcare across the entire pre and postnatal continuum, including low- and high-risk pregnancies.
- Zyter Telehealth can be used in a hybrid approach to prenatal appointments and in the postpartum period to assess maternal mental health or provide lactation consults
- Remote patient monitoring empowers expectant mothers to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Zyter products increase the likelihood of early intervention and improved outcomes for women and their babies
Weight management is key contributor to many chronic and mental health conditions. In 2020, more than two-thirds of the US population was overweight or obese. And the trend is climbing. Zyter virtual health technology monitors, assesses and provides feedback, while integrating with clinical EHR and workflows to help treat, heal, and sustain healthy lifestyles.
- Zyter RPM allows healthy goals to be set and met, decreases risk for other conditions
- Zyter patient engagement encourages and rewards patients for health improvement
- Zyter provider tools seamlessly interact with their clinical workflows
Asthma is one of the most common chronic conditions among children, currently affecting an estimated 6.1 million children under 18 years. And 50% of those children have uncontrolled asthma, contributing to over 14 million missed school days annually. Zyter understands every child is unique, providing access to RPM devices and supporting personalized care plans.
- Zyter RPM peak flow meters and pulse-oximeters are sourced to meet the needs of children
- Care plans, asthma action plan, and Asthma Zone guides from the care team are easily accessed for parents, caregivers, and school nurses
Over 22 million people in the US have sleep apnea. Zyter RPM can integrate with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) treatments, giving providers a way to better treat their patients and affect a reduction in ED visits and admissions.
- Zyter RPM solutions enable OSA and weight management to be treated simultaneously
- Biometric and evidence-based outcomes using Zyter RPM can reduce utilization and health resource constraints
COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
COPD is the third leading cause of death by disease in the United States. It can cause long-term disability but is preventable and treatable. Using spirometers, pulse-oximeters, and blood pressure cuffs to measure oxygen saturation and heart rate throughout the day creates pathways to better treatment.
- Zyter operates remote patient monitoring in conjunction with care management and support models
- Patient-specific care plans to address how COPD affects gender and individuals differently
- Flexibility to connect necessary devices to provide between visit insights